Display Energy Certificates (DEC)
Display Energy Certificates or DECs indicate the energy performance of public buildings using a scale that runs from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). Our accredited energy assessors can provide accurate, consistent DEC reporting at any UK location to help you ensure compliance.
We do everything we can to make your life easier and have designed our processes to keep your time to a minimum.
ACI Reports is a leading provider of DECs in the UK. Our clients include law courts, schools, historic buildings, museums, NHS Trusts, universities, emergency services and local authorities. As an organisation, we take a consulting approach to our work, providing tailored independent advice to help you cut the energy costs and carbon emissions of buildings.
We also offer a reminder service which is essential to busy clients who require annual reporting and a health check of all other compliance required under environmental legislation and advice on next steps. Our helpdesk team also gathers the required DEC information to take the stress away from you.
Why choose ACI Reports?
- Large team with energy assessors based throughout the UK
- Helpdesk open weekdays 08.00 – 18.00
- Trained staff make data gathering straightforward
- Health and safety accredited
- Security vetted and CRB checked
- Insurance to the value of £10m
- RAMS produced by trained H&S professionals.
- Reminder service for renewals
If you are looking for a professional company to undertake a single or multiple DECs on your behalf, please get in touch.
How we work
ACI Reports has a workflow process which has been in place for over 10 years. Each key stage ensures we have exacting Quality Management standards, providing peace of mind for all of our clients.
- Remind the client about upcoming renewals of each specialism in a timely manner.
- A continual reminder process, including legislation updates worldwide that may affect you. We monitor legislation and where we are acting for clients we gently remind them of necessary updates, upcoming renewals, their responsibilities and consequences.
- Assign dedicated key client director and booking coordinator.
- Discuss KPIs, specific H&S needs, Covid and permits to work.
- Prepare Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS)
- Advise on next steps
- Analyse our own reports
- Seek improvements to our clients building stock, provide appropriate reporting
- Benchmark maintenance contractors performance in an independent manner
- Communicate regularly on our own performance
- Survey the site(s) within date and time
- Write report(s) within 14 days, highlighting issues and opportunities.
- Audit the report to ensure quality and consistency.
- Add value such as condition summary reports.
- Lodge the report on MHCLG database/ client portal.
It is a legal requirement to have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) when a building is sold, let, constructed or modified – and it should be renewed every 10 years, subject to particular criteria. Our accredited and highly experienced energy assessors can help you to demonstrate compliance and mitigate risks.
Air conditioning systems are affected by the UK Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations (EPB). As the UK’s market-leading accredited provider of TM44 inspections, we can help you to tick off your legal obligations quickly, efficiently and without a fuss.
Further Compliance Reporting
In addition to TM44 inspections, EPC certificates and DECs, ACI Reports can assist with Section 63, F-Gas Regulations, ESOS and Compliance Management.
We hold ourselves accountable to the very highest industry standards; earning numerous accreditations from the most prestigious trade bodies.
Get In Touch
If you are looking for a professional company to undertake a single or multiple DECs on your behalf, please get in touch. We can provide same-day quotes. All we need to know is the type and size of the building requiring a DEC.